FAHS offers ten AP courses taught by highly-qualified FAHS teachers who use the AP Course Descriptions to guide them from the College Board Association. The Course Description for each discipline outlines the course content, describes the curricular goals of the subject, and provides sample examination questions. While the Course Descriptions are a significant source of information about the course content on which the AP Exams will be based, AP teachers have the flexibility to determine how this content is presented.
Currently FAHS offers the following AP courses:
- AP English (12th grade), prerequisite of Accelerated English (11th grade)
- AP Biology (11th grade), prerequisite of Accelerated Biology (10th grade)
- AP Chemistry (12th grade), prerequisite of Accelerated Chemistry (11th grade)
- AP Physics C- Mechanics (12th grade), completed or concurrent AP Calculus enrollment
- AP Calculus (12th grade)
- AP Computer Science Principles (11th or 12th grade)
- Social Studies
- AP World History (10th grade)
- AP U.S. History (11th grade)
- AP. U.S. Government, ½ year (12th grade)
- AP Macroeconomics , ½ year (12th grade)
The AP Examinations are administered each year in May and represent the culmination of college-level work in a given discipline in a secondary school setting. Rigorously developed by committees of college and AP high school faculty, the AP Exams test students' ability to perform at a college level. Exams are scored by a 5 point rubric, with 5 being the highest. Although guidelines for acceptance for credit vary among colleges and universities, most will give credit for courses where students earned a 4 or 5 on the AP exam. Students can access their scores online in July and request that their scores be sent to their choice of colleges and scholarship programs through using their AP account. The cost per exam is $95.00, however, cost per exam varies based on if the student receives free/reduced lunch.
2021 Exam Schedule Click Here
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ms. Rachael Hasselhan, AP Coordinator. Email Rhasselhan@fleetwoodasd.org or call 610-944-7656 x2523.