Special Education Department
Director of Special Education and Homeless Liason
Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Policy Change: Impacts students who qualify for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Families and staff- please access the links below to review the PDE special education policy change dated 8.31.23.
In addition, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office @
(610) 944-8111 Ext: 10301 or email me at: email@example.com
·Prior Written Notice- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k86ZeG-1bILTBHomI5hKGUo1VtFSJRYZ/edit
Please be sure to view and read the Notice of Special Education Services (En español - Aviso de Servicios de Educación) document. This document includes answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) such as:
- What types of disability might qualify a child for special education and related services?
- What programs and services are available for children with disabilities?
- How do the public schools screen and evaluate children to determine eligibility for special education and related services?
- Multidisciplinary team evaluation
- What special rights and protections do children with disabilities and their parents have?
- Rights and Protections
- Due Process Hearing Procedures
- Students Who are Mentally Gifted
- Student Records